Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with all these Thaumcraft artifacts? I found them in some chests that were on top of cobblestone deep underground. I also found an Axe of the Stream and a FORTH Boot Disk. Technic is crazy.
Actually, these are a result of various mods that Technic uses, some of which are still without permission.

Thaumcraft artifacts are a great boon to any Thaumaturigist wishing to make new discoveries in his Quasitum. However, I've found some interesting things out about them.

First off, don't blow artifacts on your initial stage of research. Just research about three stacks of cobble. Odds are you'll get some Fragments of Lost Knowledge.

Now, you can place artifacts in secondary and tirtiary slots to augment the research boost to find a discovery. This is the best use I've seen of them. With a full library of 30 bookshelves arranged in a 5 x 5 square around the Q-block, you're now ready to start discovering.

This will help you quickly find most of the Lost discoveries. To find Forbidden discoveries, you need to research less savory things. Perhaps those skulls that the angry looking red-eyed zombies drop. Or their brains. Or other forbidden artifacts, but I'd suggest only starting out with Common or Uncommon artifacts until you get some Fragments of Forbidden Knowledge, then use your less common artifacts to boost your chance of making a discovery. Same goes with Tainted and Eldritch.

An Axe of the Stream is a very valuable little toy. Basically, it acts like Treecapitator, and right click draws items to you from a radius.

A FORTH boot disk is from Redpower2, used with a Computer.