Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
Huh. Did not know that. The Seven/Ace relationship seemed so solid, I would've thought they'd already been together a while before this.
I know. Only other option is that there were a lot of offscreen adventures between 'Dragonfire' and 'Remembrance', but somehow I don't think there was.

I'm imagining a Matt Smith equivalent. It just looks silly (This may be helped by the fact I'm imagining him wearing the fez as well).
That's because it would be extremely hard to make a smiling Matt Smith look menacing. Ever. He's so adorkable as the Doctor that I'm really impressed by his darker or deeper moods.

<3
Honestly, IIRC, the sesquipedalian loquaciousness was the first thing which really made me love Sylvester McCoy's Doctor.
As to

[...]

That immediately brought to mind a Four quote which I've seen: "The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits. Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog."
Tricky to keep track of though, specially when one forsakes the subtitles for RAMFT.
Also, overly elaborate sentences are fun. Particularly when you have more than enough of a vocabulary to make it antiquated enough to almost genuinely come from a period novel.

Oh yes, I loved that as well. It's no wonder he's done Gilbert & Sullivan with diction like that.
'as 'e? As whom? (God, look at the social grammatical distinction there)

I'm just really amused by your portmanteaus.
Brigstache, Brigclone . . . that's all I can think of. I think it's just because 'Brig' is a funny word.

Can't blame me there're so many possible answers to that question. I really ought to expand my quote repertoire though, Trek and Who are becoming a bit obvious for me now.
*looks at DVDs in room within sight*
Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Farscape, Star Trek: 2009 . . . I think I have enough sci-fi to run on.

I've got to get back to watching through Classic Who.
Yes.
And look, just because you don't understand how deeply in love they are - everyone knows it. I bet if I ventured onto the Ho Yay section for Doctor Who there'd be loads on Jamie/Two.
Not as much as certain characters - Jack - but loads anyway!

I don't recall ever hearing of it outside the context of Daleks.
It sounds so legit though.

I believe Seven consistently tells Ace not to bring the nitro-9, and she always does anyway.
See, he can always trust her to disobey this order!

I think Six used a gun at some point? Pretty sure there was a clip on a Confidential at some point when they were talking about the whole Doctor-guns thing.
Well, when I find it, I'll point it out.

(Not spoilers because I haven't seen the relevant serial either)
I think he hid it on Earth so other people wouldn't find it. And it wasn't back in days of One. Four or Five I think.
If it wasn't One, who looks pretty senile, it'd be Four because Four's sideways to everyone else.

*Pursues the Kurly*
*Tackle-hugs*
Halp!

Work has begun on episode 2!
And I probably won't need three posts for it either because I got a lot of the writing/behind-the-scenes stuff out of the way last episode! Stupid research making me write thousands of characters of post-breaking stuff.