1. - Top - End - #75
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Life's Red Hand of Doom IC Thread

Roni Quickwing

The spellscale nods solemnly as Auran volunteers him for the work of digging. A few days prior, the boy would have bristled at such indentured servitude, but now he found himself thinking from an alien perspective: if it was him or Vaeri crumpled in the farmhouse, how would he want others to act? For once in his life, it seems that the right thing to do and the most comfortable thing are not the same. Even Roni has his limits, though, and he speaks up at Faien's suggestion that they press on immediately. "I don't think it's too selfish to want to sit and have some lunch once we're done serving as undertakers. After that, I could press on but might not be at my fullest. If we find a spot to camp until darkness settles, we could travel by night. It might be more difficult to see, but that could help ensure that we don't walk into another ambush."

He looks to the others as he finishes speaking. Vaeri was too kind to ask for a rest, so he'd get no support from her. It seemed that Faien, despite his limp, could trudge on as the seasons changed around him. And from what Roni had gathered about the dragonborn paladin, he'd soldier on as well. Auran likely wouldn't even complain with his dying breath. Outmatched, Roni sighs, drops his pack to the floor, and pulls out a collapsible shovel. "Fine, fine," he concedes, "we dig, we eat, and we march on. But as soon as we reach a town, it's straight to the inn! Well, maybe we can tarry a bit in the tavern first..."
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-08-07 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC