1. - Top - End - #179
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Doctor Who Thread III: Reverse the Polarity of the Neutron Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    You want to watch them Pollux B space!dolpins, they can pack a pretty mean right hook.
    Tell me about it. Once you get whacked in the face with a tepid flipper your whole world turns upside down.
    Especially if that dolphin is actually The Rani in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    This actually makes me more intrigued in 'Asylum of the Daleks', and a little more positive about it too. What can I say, Amy and Rory (and Arthur and Karen) are wonderful people and I'll take their opinion into consideration.

Thank you Mr. Moffatt for making a distinction between plot and story! All my love to you for at least the next two hours.
    Doctor Who, with a few exceptions is very much story focussed.
    For all that I'm not as big a fan of Ten as I was way back when series three started airing, I can still see his character develop over his tenure, watch how the emotions punch people in the face repeatedly.
    Nine and Eleven's reigns do this too.
    With a few glaring exceptions - hello Rose! Nice to see you stagnating in a swamp of anti-development over there.

The plots of Doctor Who on the other hand . . . let's just say that while they're overall more coherent than Classic Who, the average Nu Who episode has a fair number of plot holes and silly bits.
    In some cases they're large enough to infuriate me.

So yes, I do like that distinction, and seeing as I've said a quadrillion squillion times that I love character driven things lots this is why I'm willing to overlook a fair amount.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2012-08-31 at 03:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!