Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
Spoiler
Show
Xar'Cha Palace

Magtok warily eyes Elvanriina as she goes, hesitant to speak up again until she's almost certainly out of earshot. That child really creeps him out.

"A near-monopoly on the retail purchases of an entire district of the city of Inside? Color me intrigued, ma'am."

But what in the world could she want in exchange? Drow never hand anything out for free, and even when they do, it's because they expect to be able to use it to rope you into a favor later, or it's because the free thing is a trap, or they intend to blackmail you with it, or...well, you get the idea.
[Xar'Cha Palace-With Magtok]

Inala smiles politely, the way she was trained to smile when cutting deals with people. It's quite similar to the way some sociopaths smile when they cut throats, really.
"I ask for very little. Just the assurance that you remember this favor from us. After all, I'm sure someone else could have gotten your good here somehow..." The implication is clear. She wants Magtok in her debt, and is willing to go far to get it.
"Do we have a deal?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
Spoiler
Show
[Xar'Cha Palace]

Sornnolu shrugs. "It's impossible to tell. I'm sure you've heard stories of balls lasting for days on end? And the host must provide until the last guest leaves, else they would lose face. It's bankrupted some Houses. If this goes longer than we've planned, we may have to raise tariffs." He looks to the trader, wondering what he thought of that.
[Xar'Cha Palace-with Sorn]

Asim takes a drink from his glass before responding.

"Let's hope it doesn't go that long then. Call me selfish, but since I manage the warehouse all increased tariffs would mean is more people trying to steal goods. That means I'd have to hire more guards, set up extra shifts and more men to work said shifts. Busy work that takes time away from my studies. No thanks." Asim takes another drink and leans forward slightly, speaking in a hushed and yet very excited tone.
"Speaking of studying, have I mentioned I think I've come up with a new variation on the Gate spell?"