View Single Post

Thread: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

1. - Top - End - #684
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Touhou II: Story of an Eastern Thread

I meant Lackey's card filtering options. I set them up twice for ease of browsing, but doing so every time is too much work. If there's a way to make them stick that would be nice to know.

What i had in mind for the combo was something like this:
    Spoiler
    Show

4 Sakuya Izayoi
    4 Old History
    4 Demon Binding Circle
    2 Innocent // Guilty
    4 Sanzu River
    8 Plains
    8 Island
    3 Village Gatewatcher
    3 Indomitable Gateguard
    4 Ring of the Peaceful Dead
    4 Faerie Genius
    2 Mamizou Futatsuiwa
    1 Alice Margatroid
    1 Yukari Yakumo
    1 Satori Komeiji
    3 Order in the Court

The gameplan was to just rush cards to exile with Old History, Demon Binding Circle, Innocent//Guilty(Innocent) and Keine herself. Sakuya could also just start in exile through Keine/Old History (Faerie Genius to dump Sakuya in the graveyard), in which case i'd use Order in the Court or Fantasy Heaven to keep Keine safe for the one turn she needs to be on the table. Until then she can just remain in hand if facing lots of removal. Once the loop was up, Mamizou and Satori would fake Keine to cast all the useful things in exile while Keine kept the loop going. But yeah, one trick pony that crumbles if Keine dies.

Satori/Mamizou seems like a winning combination as well, though by how much remains to be seen. Them + Alice/Shanghai/Hourai is nifty. A copycat that keeps it's own name can copy legendaries without critical existence failure, right? I'm a bit unsure of that.

Imo, exile-timestop should require 2 counters, with only 1 you could rotate 2 Sakuyas in and out (one exiles before Keine brings the other back). Quite a bit less likely to pull off though, at that point the opponent has had a fair chance to win already. Yukari could do it with just one Sakuya, so R/U rushing Yukari with Subterranean Sun is another reason to make it 2 counters.

Another option could be to differentiate exile(deader than dead) from exile(history/spirited away) with counters. Inelegant, as it pretty much spells out the combos, but works better with regular cards and their exile=deader-than-dead assumption.
    Last edited by IncoherentEssay; 2012-10-09 at 01:17 AM.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!