Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
The talent respec guy is pretty much all trainers are for now. Leveling is FASTER, but half the fun of leveling my original druid in WoW was doing those class quests and traveling to Orgrimmar every five levels or so and feeling legitimately more powerful after visiting my trainer. Now I don't need to see them unless I want to respec (Vanish dust insta retalent is useful, I give it that) and leveling is so... Useless.
All those "speak to trainer to "practise" your level 3 ability are completely useless because you leveled to 3 halfway during your last quest and accidentally clicked it, using the fancy new spell and purty graphics. I loved the tree, since I was still low level I was literally WoWed (I'm a terrible person) by all of the different choices I could make when I got stronger. Leveling NOW feels like a different class, the trainers in the starting zones are just... Confusing with "you can only do this once your level 40, shoo we don't even have flavor text". And you learn spells much much slower, and you cant hope to level up and choose those cool looking talent-spells anymore because THEY DON'T EXIST.
Yeah, I liked being able to buy new ranks of my skills, instead of just slowly increasing damage ranges as you go, you could actually SEE the improvement as you bought lightning bolt rank 2. Now its like, "Ok, I leveled up, but am I doing more damage because im higher level? Or because the mobs here just went green? Or am I even hitting harder at all?"

I think blizzard went a bit too far in the other direction by giving us dozens of spells to use instead of extra ranks of the ones we have. My monk is 31 and already has two action bars of abilities to sort through. And much like back in classic, I still only use like 3-5 of them on a regular basis. So I get a ton of near useless crap every time I level instead of new ranks of the skills I actually use. I recently logged in as my high level shaman I havent touched since wrath was new because I rather missed him. Suddenly I have like 4 action bars of abilities, half of which I dont ever remember having before, the other half seemed to have new icons, and of course, everything worked differently than before as well. And I just logged back out because it was way too much for me to sort through. I started up a new one instead.