View Single Post

Thread: D&D 5th Edition: Thread #7

1. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5th Edition: Thread #7

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Cool, so basically they've already written a bunch of later stuff. Giving us earlier material to "playtest" and "review" is essentially meaningless, because for them to take our input, they'd have to scrap later stuff they've already gone ahead and written, which is so ridiculously inefficient I doubt that's their plan.
    Much as it pains me to do so, I'm inclined to give Mearls the benefit of the doubt here. What I think he means is that while everyone was giving their feedback on the initial packet 2 problems they were playtesting the sorcerer and warlock internally, while we were playesting the sorcerer and warlock they were playtesting the magic items, etc., not that they're playtesting later versions of the stuff we already have. It's the context-switching that would make it confusing, not working with previous versions of anything.

When it gets to the point that there are enough interlocking subsystems that you can't playtest new things in a vacuum, that's when we should start to worry.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2012-10-29 at 04:03 PM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this