I've always found Sue-accusations in idyllic settings like Ponyville rather awkward. Saying that everyone likes her in a place where everyone likes everyone is rather silly, and claiming she is always a successful protagonist in a world where protagonists always succeed doesn't really provide any base.

Twilight does have significant faults, does encounter significant problems, and does have times where she is not the one solving the problems - or even is the one creating the conflict! This is pretty much the opposite of a Mary Sue, who by definition is liked to show that she is appealing, who is disliked only by unpleasant people, and whose faults and conflicts are just there to highlight her positive traits.

This doesn't mean Twilight doesn't have some hax powers (although we haven't seen enough for me to claim perfect magical retention - there are other possibilities) but that would just make her overpowered, possibly to the point of immersion-breaking. She's hardly the only character I've seen who is. I just don't like her being called "Sue-ish" for it, as having some strong abilities is really just tangential to being a Mary Sue.

[/rant]