Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
Edwin
Edwin is unique (like Sarevok) in that he's a better mage than you'll ever be on account of getting more spells than mages are allowed to. Also there's Cernd and he's a shapeshifter druid but he's an ******* and I never really used him beyond druid grove and his personal quest.
Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
I was never a big fan of the epic level rules in ToB. The enemies get quie insane on this level if they are not simple cheating (Why does an epic drow cleric have access to "Time Stop" and "Insect Plague" ? My party was epic level too but they had the decency to be it within their class restrictions)
The other problem was that the game basically had a big dungeon crawl as the story and BGs selling point was never its good dungeon design.
Icewind Dale had some good dungeons, like the "Valley of the Dead" or of the "Severed Hand". Good atmsphere and theme.
Baldurs Gate dungeons seem more like some colorful lethal disney land...
Sendai is multiclassed. Also you're bothered by her spell list instead of her statue clones? Only real cheater is Balthazar.
Sadly you're too right about disneyland thing. Icewind Dale was designed for crawling and it's a very successful coaster ride. ToB is an abridged epic level version of IWD and it doesn't work at all.