1. - Top - End - #1170
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    ...Higher ground?
    Heavens no! Besides, I live on a fairly high, steep hill anyway, so the chance of me flooding due to rivers or the sea is virtually nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Down to the seaside?

Myself, I'd probably searched for the best vantage point to study the grand scale of the floods. Given, when the time's just past midnight, that's a pretty fruitless endeavour. I'm never going to see any more than what I'd see out of my bedroom window anyway.
    Pretty much. Of course, I live at the seaside, and it takes thirty seconds to get the the shore itself.
    So, guess who only got back from watching the flood ten minutes ago?
    Will post pics in You thread tomorrow; I stayed pretty much until the waters were definitely down and staying down, so I got some good anecdotes.
    Also I got very wet given I was nearly - well, I say nearly, by the end I was knee deep in flood waters.
    In my old leaky trainers and some tracky bottoms I'd intended to wear to bed as my room is freezing. But it was for a good cause!
    No, I'm not some kind of idiot daredevil photographer who went into dangerous currents just to get a better shot. Totally a Good Samaritan. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Thankfully, I neither live close to the sea nor next to any rivers, so floods are extremely rare over here. We just get marshy fields in the spring.
    Shame that. Floods are excellent. Well . . . they're not, but they're fun to watch. Of course, we're all vultures so.
    There was one guy, I'm certain he was working for the local newspaper, and I think he took photos of me . . . , but anyway, he went straight for the money shot.
    But I won't tell you what that is. That would be spoiling the Epic Saga.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off massage warmth and feeling into my legs and feet before I lose them to the cold. Good thing we've got several old, rough towels isn't it?
    Also, I have video, some of which is of good enough quality to post. And some of which have my voice in them. Never realised how odd my voice is; it's . . . semi-RP, semi-accent if that makes sense.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2012-11-24 at 09:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!