Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
So wait, you complain about things not being challenging enough while ignoring the challenging segment of the content?

How does that even make sense. If you want challenge, then go do the bleeding edge of content. Leveling a character to 50 is doable by a 6 year old, yes. The problem isn't that that is possible, but that you see it as a problem to begin with. Why shouldn't the most basic form of play not be available to children?

If your 6 year old niece were out downing Heroic Sha and completing the tier 14 meta achieve, then yes I'd agree we have a problem. As it is, WoW offers a solid array of content for people of every skill level. That isn't watering down the game, it's broadening it, making it more accessible. Given your described playstyle, if they had maintained all of the things you have argued against, and kept the very elitist mentality of early MMOs, I highly doubt you would still be playing, regardless of what you say.

Its not all about endgame content. Every part of the game has been made easier and easier and easier until you almost have to TRY in order to get killed while leveling up. Heroic 5 mans arent end game content, my complaints then were mainly centered around tbc. Thats when I got the most ticked off. They added in this new idea, heroic versions of the 5 man dungeons. It was awesome! Same dungeon, with harder fights, and better loot. And for awhile it was glorious! It was tough, but not mind bendingly so. You didnt have to have guild groups to clear it, any 5 random schmucks with a basic grasp of how their character works could handle them with a bit of effort.

And yet it wasnt easy enough for some people. They wanted to be able to stomp through the heroic content as easily as they did the normal. They whined and whined and whined and eventually blizzard caved and nerfed the hell out of dungeons like heroic SLabs. It became a theme. They added new dungeons. The high end raiders stomped all over it in short order, then the half dozen or so other raid guilds beat it, then they nerfed it so everyone else could run it with minimal issues. The game is being reduced to "press button, receive loot"

Another example is the cata expansion. Suddenly the classes got revamped and leveling up became so easy as to be almost pointless. My warrior could now run into a crowd of 5 yellow cons and end the battle at full health. All the other classes got similar boosts to raw power. I am waiting for them to finally just patch in an auto level button. Or let us reroll as any class we want once we get one to max level and start it off with a full set of greens at max level, or maybe an expansion behind the end game. They might as well, its so easy to level up as to have no meaning. There is no challenge in the game preheroics so why bother making us waste our time?