View Single Post

Thread: The CHALLENGE continues!

1. - Top - End - #848
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The CHALLENGE continues!

So, I'm working on a few texts for a friend's website, and I wonder if they would count for the Challenge or not.

This friend is making hand-made effects pedals for guitars and such, and the purpose of these texts is to show what each pedal does and how awesome it is, adding a bit of music history about the effect.

I felt very creative when writing the first one: it's only ~400 words (if it does count for the Challenge, I'll assume it counts for one piece), but it took a lot of thought and research. Then again, perhaps it's dangerously close to *twitch* advertising? [It's not a job, it's a favor. I haven't sold my soul to the devil yet. ]

What do you think?

EDIT:
    @Glass Mouse, I've sent you a pm with a sample text.
    Last edited by HeadlessMermaid; 2012-12-29 at 07:00 PM.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium