Drover's Associations to Orc Uprising (5)
Spoiler
Show

Doable, doable...we'll start gathering the animals now.

Lords Matoff and Wallen (PM)
Spoiler
Show

Lord Matoff sighed. "I do not think I can stand with you," he said, "at least not in the way that you want. I do believe you mean well, and you at least think you have the best interests of our class at heart, but I cannot for the life of me condone your methods." He leaned forward. "Listen to me now. We need James. He is a man who makes promises to everyone, who will promise and do whatever he thinks is necessary in order to gain the throne. He is, in a word, manipulable. He is the perfect puppet-king, offering his empty promises to the wind while we, those who know better, those who have been educated and raised for the task, run the city. That is what I see for the future, and that is what I desire. None of this nonsense about giving commoners rights or a say in governance. None of this democracy, or constitutional monarchy, or whatever it is you think will save us. Pure, simple mastery is what I see in James, and I am astonished that you do not see the same."

He sat back. "Nevertheless, I do believe that whatever means you use you do intend nothing but good for me and mine," he said. "I will not oppose you--indeed, you will note that I have not opposed you--unless I feel I can no longer ignore the lines you are willing to cross. Implicating James in some bizarre anarchistic treason is one of those lines. I apologize, but someone had to speak up, before you took this mess any further."

The Conductor to Sausage Guild/Bloodhaven (PM)
Spoiler
Show

The Conductor, in person, has none of the stuttering style of his letters. He is a small, ordinary looking man in chalk-white robes, with a neat grey beard and a raspy voice.

"Would you ask the Exchange if I could take a look at their new currency?" he asks diffidently. "Myself and Felix Urd have not spoken for two years, three months and twenty-seven days, and I must regrettably acknowledge that he would rather keep it that way."