1. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LX: 60 Ponythreads? That's an Academy record!

Wow, new thread already? You'll excuse me if I don't catch up on the previous one immediately. You guys produce too much crazy in a week for that.

Thoughts on the new episode:
    Season 3 episode 10 (Keep Calm and Flutter On) spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode reminds me of One Bad Apple, where it deals with a pretty big problem and tries to resolve it in such a short time frame. The entire premise feels kind of weird, although at least it answers the question of why they'd just leave Discord statue'd for another 1000 years. Discord seems to about-face relatively quickly, although perhaps that does fit him a bit. (Good job with the foreshadowing.)

Fluttershy promising to not use her element against Discord seems just like an idiot-ball moment to me, though. It only works because Discord ends up reformed, but I'm not seeing any kind of confidence from Fluttershy that it will work for sure, nor anything indicating that Discord will surely reform himself. Plus, I'm not sure there that much of a point, since Fluttershy could still withdraw her friendship and have the same effect.

I guess it was more meaningful from Discord's perspective, though. He "won", after all, but then realized that the victory didn't really mean that much.

Anyways, other news about myself. Semi-pony related. (Spoilered for those who care).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finally received a credit card, finally signed up for PayPal, and discovered that the stuff I'm using it for doesn't use PayPal. I ordered the first season DVD set, which is due to be delivered by the end of the month. (yay!) I also backed the FATE Core Kickstarter.

I bought the MLP comic #2 earlier this month. The local comic store is supposed to be getting a restock of comic #1 this Wednesday (I've been bugging them a lot about it) and comic #3 should be there on the 30th. [Edit] I just read the news on EqD, and it looks like I should expect #3 on the first week of February.

The trading cards have disappeared from Target and Meijers for the last month or so, and with the new set being planned I decided to pick up another of the Twilight-tins. It's not a bad deal, $11.99 with six packs inside compared to $1.99 per pack, so pennies difference. It is far better than Hot Topic charging $3.50 per pack.

Anyways, I opened it up and was surprised to get one of the two cards I was still missing: Gold Foil Luna! I'd actually given up on pulling that card, as gold foils seem to be around 1:20 pack ratios and I've been pulling Cadance most times. This means that there is only one card I'm missing from the first set: Queen Chrysalis. Yes, I have every other card in the set, including multiples of every other common card, but the one card I am missing is the only changeling. I do giggle at the irony. (For the curious, I've opened around 150 packs.)
    Last edited by erikun; 2013-01-20 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image