View Single Post

Thread: A Completely Hypothetical System (PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: A Completely Hypothetical System

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    I believe you should stay tuned and participate in the collaborative effort orchestrated by Ziegander, "Rewriting Reality".
    I'd like to see your ideas incorporated into the result rules somehow.
    That certainly seems interesting. I'll consider joining in, although I'm hesitant because I know I'm often unintentionally overbearing. But it seems like it'll be a while before they get to magic, so I'll work independently for now.

Right, so I want to talk a bit about alignment in this system. Every living (and unliving) creature has a number of 'spheres' (for lack of a better word) attributed to one or another of the realms of magic. The exact number varies, increasing the more "magical" a creature is. The more spheres it posesses, the more magic can affect it and vice-versa. (For example, a Paladin's smite bonus would be determined by how many Death and Chaos spheres the target possesses.)

Spheres are assigned first based on race. Usually, the number of spheres from race is two or three. For anything which isn't a "creature of magic" (as in, mundane creatures), one of these will be Order. The second (and any additional) is determined by race and cannot be changed (except for Humans, which can be anything).

Racial alignment is the point at which most beings stop. However, The PCs (and powerful NPCs) are not 'most beings', so they'll get additional spheres. These spheres have no affects whatsoever other than determining what skills/feats/abilities/spells a character can take, and how much they'd cost.

Now, spells-by-realm is relatively easy, so I'm going to (vaguely) classify physical feats by realm:
    • Life: Feats of Valor
    • Nature: Feats of Wisdom (thought of a better word)
    • Order: Feats of Endurance
    • Arcana: Feats of Skill
    • Chaos: Feats of Strength
    • Death: Feats of Guile
    Last edited by Geordnet; 2013-04-08 at 01:02 PM.

⌠┌___r-RcosΘ___
    ⌡└rē+Rē-2rRcosΘ┘dΘ