View Single Post

Thread: World in Conflict

1. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: World in Conflict

Vortigen speaks, Huh. I'm out of spells and shape-changes. Its almost as if there's some spiteful god bent on revenge because he has to work more than we do manipulating us from behind the scenes.

Meaningful pause.

Anyway, how much do you remember? Do you remember meeting the head of House Akama? We've been working on guard duty for him for the last week, met some old friend of his named Blackstar, and heard about some cult or something in the lair of a no longer living aboleth. We went into the lair, fought a bunch of cultists and assorted dungeon dwellers, and hid in a cave for the night. After that, I don't know. Presumably we've been memory wiped.

Icarus responds, No... I don't. I hope your memory disease isn't contagious. I flew around a bit upwards of this dungeon. There was some weird merchant guy named 'Ackbar' who claims he knows us, and offered me information about where to find you and how to save tuglinok for 3000 gp. Very strange fellow. So you don't know what's wrong with him?

Sounds like he was trying to gouge you. An overpriced merchant we met in the city a while ago, though he seems to technically be honest, if twisting the facts a little

Hmm. Anyways, do you know what's wrong with Tug? He seems stable, except for having to breath water?

Hey Tug, if you can hear me tap your hand twice or something

Icarus waits a bit, Well, it looks like his condition couldn't get worse, so that's good

Ackbar telepathically whispers into Icarus's head, Four Minutes

What the hell? Vortigern this merchant is whispering a count down in my head. Definitely creepy. Icarus says more loudly Hey buddy this decision making is a group process, calm down

Hey Ackbar, have any healing potions?

There is no response.

Then, Icarus sighs and flies back to Ackbar who charmingly greets Icarus with a toothy grin and a friendly hello.

What's your cheapest and most efficient healing options. My friend should be able to use a wand or scroll

Well my those depends on context. My favorite options from other customers would be a wand of lesser vigor or a healing belt. Depending on what suits you best. Wand of Lesser Vigor heals for more and can be used multiple times a day but healing belt doesn't ever run out. Both will be 2k gp

What about potions?

Well I have differing potions depending on what you need, 1st circle potions and scrolls will be 1000gp, 2nd circle will be 1.5k, 3rd will be 2000gp, etc. Also 3 minutes.

I'll get the wand then. Don't have too much trouble sleeping tonight

Fine choice sir.

Icarus flies back to Voritgen and hands the wand to Vortigen who uses the wand to heal Tuglinok. It takes 2 solid minutes to heal Tuglinok to positive hit points.
    Tuglinok however, remains motionless and rigid as well as paralyzed

After Icarus deduces the Tuglinok is conscious despite being paralyzed, Vortigern gives Tuglinok the same schpiel he gave Icarus and he mentions, By the way, apparently you can't breathe air anymore, so we've been dunking you. Hope you dont mind.
    Vortigen proceeds to dunk him again
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2013-11-02 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.