1. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Index of the Giant's Comments III - We've Left a Banana In Charge

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    I think we've just identified what sets this apart from the other examples: The Geekademia transcript and the use of secondary posts in general doesn't really fit in the established rules, but I don't think it actually violates any of the rules either.

I can certainly agree with "OK, the rules represent consensus, and the rules say this one shouldn't be included, so we have consensus to remove", but this is just a "not clearly established" area. And for those, I think "leave it where it is" is the fair way to go.
    Ah ok - I think we kinda run in a sort of misunderstanding there. Maybe (or if I reread my posts quite likely) I should have formulated things better (especially my posts with listing two options).

With the current rules, yeah this is a grey area which could be "solved" with keeping the status quo.

But imo the far better option is to consider a rule that covers it, and if we want a rule: "Q&A are outside the scope" (which would a valid reason to turn down the Twitter Q&A without any further discussion) then we also need to take the consequence of removing the Interview.

Or adding a rule that allows them and maybe (or maybe not) include the Twitter Q&A.

But just keeping this grey area just seems wrong to me.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2014-03-11 at 04:27 PM.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!