The idea was spawned by the word Hexmeister and from their it's evolved into a Megus of Old. Unfortunately, I came up with the core mechanics before everything else.

The story will probably be about using knowledge to manipulate the world and materialize mysteries, but how people confuse modern knowledge (spells) with real power and the fact that most forget what they've learned as a result of using it is just proof that they have know idea what they're doing. "After all, you don't forget the Pythagorean theorem after solving for the sides of a triangle and you don't get too tired to make gravity work."

The core mechanics center around the "real" definitions of Hex, Jinx, Charm, and Curse.

A Hex is cast on someone to prevent or induce an action.
A Charm changes something.
A Curse is a promise. Nothing more nothing less.
And a Jinx is a wild card.

The interesting thing about that is it lets you play with people expectations. For example, Curses are indiscriminate. Anyone who violates them is subject to their effect, and this includes you, but their effects can just as easily be beneficial as they can be harmful.

I was also thinking of tying each type of mystery to an action, so all Hexes are move actions, Charms are standard actions, Jinxes are swift actions, and Curses take a full round to change but are continuously active. I was also thinking of making it so you can only have one of each active at a time (baring an excellency and an always active defensive curse).

Finally, I was thinking of creating a pool of points that refreshes each round and can be split among the your abilities to empower them. Sort of as a way to change your footing (that is, how defensive or offensive you're being).

Some of the converts are confused by our faith; they wonder how we can kneel before one who desires no less than the eternal suffering of all that is. How can such a hateful being be worthy of worship? These foolish children do not yet realize that She hurts us not because She hates us, but because She loves us more than we could possibly comprehend. One day, they will be touched by Her transcendent love, and be made to see as the rest of us do; once they understand, they will gladly lay down their lives to ensure Her everlasting glory.
That's really well written, though I know nothing of the class it's connected to beyond that it relates to torture. It does remind me of some of the conversations I've had regarding real religions.