Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
The Veda or Vedist (name still in flux) is still in early development, but it will be a veilweaving class with access to veils that help address non-hit-point related injuries and maladies like level damage/drain, curses, diseases, negative levels, etc. He'll also provide an in-combat method for restoring his or an allies veils that have been suppressed due to sundering, dispelling, disjunction, etc. His veil list will have some overlap primarily with the Guru, and currently he's also a WIS based veilweaver, though that may be subject to change.

Aside from it being low priority right now since it's tagged for a 2nd book release, the biggest thing keeping me from moving forward is that I'm having a little trouble deciding whether it works better as a complete stand-alone class, or as an alternate class or archetype for the Guru. There is (currently) a lot of thematic and mechanical overlap between the two.

The upside: I'm going to be spending a lot of time getting the Guru ready to go into layout this weekend, and I'll make a final decision on the ultimate disposition of the Veda then. If I decide it works best as an alternate class or archetype for the Guru, I'll port the veils into the Guru doc and add the Veda to the archetypes playtest doc, providing a true healer class as part of the initial release.
I could see either way, to be honest, given the Akasin's potential to be "I Can't Believe It's Not Paladin!" gameplay. I don't know the general mechanics of how you were seeing it, but I had been thinking of a playstyle that focused around a low-magnitude but high-use Channel Energy supported by defensive Veils. This could be accomplished by adding an Archetype or Philosophy to the Guru, and fits thematically with the whole Gentle Touch concept. Curious to see how yours runs.