Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
Too busy being shipped with Leona to act like her voice-lines would imply. And as a squishy mage, being afraid of 2-4 simultaneous enemies is the right call.
Aye, but you'd be Foxfiring them as you run away, Charming to keep distance and Spirit Rushing to cover scape a bit sooner. She was just...kinda there. As almost an outside observer or a kid who got thrown into wonderland or so...until the end of it. Her demeanor, actions & expressions were completely out of synch with...well, Ahri. And honestly, not a single Charm? Even tho her eyes go purple/pink once? That's just sad for a show with Ahri as the main character.

Not that I really mind, just about everyone but Ahri seemed quite right (though Nautilus was overpowered as ****). I'm just perplexed at their ability to mess up such an iconic character, not to mention one they picked as the central piece of the whole animation. Like, Kat was also running and outnumbered all the time but she had a more believable demeanor; knowing smirks (the "I know something you don't"-kind), absolute self-confidence, etc. It conveyed that she knew what she was doing and she's not a first-timer. Ahri was just a refuge escaping from war or whatever. Terror doesn't suit the face of a League-champion in combat except maybe for that one blink just before they die.

Speaking of Kat, I'm constantly amazed by how far her animations and her League gameplay are. In animations you almost never see Shunpo, Death Lotus or any of her iconic abilities, let alone as the mainstays of her repertoire; she just jumps and dodges and throws knives.