My plan has a first stage, and several second stages that are contingent upon events happening. I find it is good to plan ahead like that, but as there are several I will walk you through stage one.

I am intent on gathering the true strength of this city and organizing it to repel these Six, and possibly destroy any of them that we can. Ben holds up one finger as if to express that this is the first part of stage one. From you, I need to borrow any acolyte, priest, or cleric with the ability to magically heal and turn undead. I know you dont have many to spare, but even a few would do a great amount of good by helping me in this plan.

Ben holds up a second finger, counting off the second part of stage one of the plan. Next, I would be taking my friend here and sending him to the military commander Titus. He will take with him a note from me to Titus, and will explain this plan to him as well. Unfortunately, it might take some more trickery to get before the man, but once there he can shed the cloak of lies as I have with you. I would have gotten Titus first, but he will be harder to get to and if I had your support first, then he is more likely to decide to be in on the plan. Titus's role would be to place my friend here under his command, but give him a few city guardsmen as well to join with your clerics. There are finer details to this stage, but for the purposes of brevity.

Ben holds up a third finger, marking the third part of stage one. Third, we will approach the magic college here. Unfortunately, I am not from here, and cannot say whether there is a virtuous person in the school or not. However, both you and Titus might know someone who would be safe to approach who is unlikely to be a pawn of the Six. Given the state of emergency in the city, Titus will have the power and authority to summon whoever we wish to a private audience chamber, and the person we summon could help suggest other good wizards for us to approach.

As you may have put together, these three parts all fit together by creating patrols of a more elite set of guards that are modeled after adventuring parties. The job of these patrols will be to engage individual members of the Six where they so appear. They actually are to be reinforcements, because I will be tracking down members of the Six with my.... divine power.... as well as tracking down the candidates. They are reinforcements to me and my friend here, but also likely to reinforce the candidates, as we have seen them engage in combat against the Six already. I have good reason to know that these candidates are likely to continue to oppose the Six where they can.

So, if you like my plan, would you be willing to commit a few clerics, or at least consider it on a condition that I can get to Titus? The testers are to work as individuals, so we should be able to separate them and remove them as threats one by one. I am also willing to answer any questions you have at this time before you say either way.