1. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PF] Oradin Mini-Guide. Or, How to be a Healbot, minus the 'bot'

Quote Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
    Can you explain this last part?
    An Oracle's Curse counts non-Oracle levels as 1/2 for bonuses.
    A "typical" Oradin has a fair number of Paladin levels, probably more Paladin levels then Oracle levels.

Random-ish examples:
    An Oracle 2/Paladin 6 would count as 5th level for Curse bonuses (2 + 6/2 = 5), and thus Haunted would (try to) grant you Levitate and Minor Image as Oracle Spells Known. But a 2nd level Oracle does not have any 2nd level spell slots.

Likewise an Oracle 6/Paladin 8 would count as 10th level for Curse bonuses (6 + 8/2 = 10), and thus Haunted would (try to) grant you Telekinesis as an Oracle Spell Known. But a 6th level Oracle does not have any 5th level spell slots.

It will at least add the spell to your Spell List, for things like UMD-ing wands and the like, so it isn't a total loss, but not really ideal either.

I will go edit for improved clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    DSP just put out a new source, Akashic Mysteries (their Incarnum port). It will be a staggered release, but the first section has a few gems for Oradins if you want me to post them here. Due to the nature of the system, the more you invest into it the bigger the potential playoffs. There is even a Str/Cha race coming later
    Go for it.
    Unlike most 3rd party DSP has a solid enough reputation for throwing stuff in the guide.
    But I warn you, I'm not likely to read up on it too much and will likely just copy/paste anything you post straight into the guide

On a related note: any good Path of War stuff that would help?
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2014-10-17 at 08:16 PM.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide