1. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Introduces: Akashic Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    You're not even joking, this has been a rough year.
    I think I'd like to stand next to you, the Murphy Magnet effect would pull the bad luck away from me...

... and with that, I propose a "Ssalarn's Lodestone" Veil, Hands slot, that has an effect to give an opponent -1 (+1/essence) to all d20 rolls for three rounds, Will negates, Bind effect of Bestow Curse usable once per target per day. If you want to support the PoW:Ex disciplines, make the first effect also count as a Curse. I'd shape it on BFC builds

EDIT: For better balance, theme, playability, and formatting...

Ssalarn's Lodestone
    Descriptors: none
    Class: Guru, Vizier
    Slot: Headband
    Saving Throw: Will Negates

Subtle shadows gather around your forehead, congealing into a dull black stone. A dread feeling suggests that something will not go your way.
    The wearer of this Veil gains the ability to manipulate the luck of others as a standard action with a range of 30 feet. The target of this manipulation gains either a luck bonus or penalty to their next d20 roll made within the next three rounds. This starts at 1, and increases by 1 for every four Veilweaver levels the user possesses (maximum of +6 or -6 at level 20). If this is a penalty, it is considered a curse effect. The user is subject to the curse effect with no save, and cannot use this power again until it is discharged.
    Essence: For each point of Essence invested in this ability, decrease the penalty the user is subjected to by one. If there is more Essence invested than the magnitude of the luck penalty, the excess becomes a bonus.
    Chakra Bind (Headband): Binding this Veil to your Feet slot allows you to replace the Luck penalty with the effects of a Bestow Curse. Range, self-curse, limitations on use, and action remain the same.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2014-12-13 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE