1. - Top - End - #57
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: FSN: Unlimited Blade Works anime thread - ZeroRider was so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    It only really applies to one route of F/SN. Rider was the midboss in Fate and I don't remember who it is in Heaven's Feel, but it's definitely not Caster.

Spoiler: Heaven's Feel Spoilers
    Show
    Actually looking it up, I guess the midpoint is Saber Alter ****ing up Shirou. Naturally the good guys lose in the middle of that route.
    Spoiler: HF Spoilers
    Show
    If you stretch the definitions, you could say Black Berserker is the mid boss. Or Zouken, who's "offed" by Kotomine. Or then the Shadow who...mostly offs everybody trying to trouble her, but "dies" in the sense that after the forest she doesn't actually really appear anymore. Or maybe True Assassin, who Shirou actually gets to kinda fight and Kotomine gets to beat? I mean, the route is mostly the "good" guys (considering how Shirou acts with regards to Sakura, I'm not sure "good" is a very accurate description) getting their asses handed to them over and over until they win some pyrrhic victories towards the end. Everybody still gets more or less ****ed in most routes; in true Nasuverse tradition, the hero becomes the killer in the end.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2014-12-20 at 10:23 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.