View Single Post

Thread: Let's Read A Song of Ice and Fire

1. - Top - End - #386
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Read A Song of Ice and Fire

I dig the Braavosi "passive voice" construction. Didn't realize that's what that was; thank you for enlightening me. Actually, huh, is it a Braavosi trait or is that just Jaqen H'ghar? Did Syrio Forel talk like that? I think he's the only other Braavosi that's been in the story for any length of time at this point. Anyway, man does it remind me of the Khajit from the Elder Scrolls. "This one feels like he would fit into a story about this Esteros he has heard of."

"Hot weasel soup" is so freaking macabre. Or, actually, the carrying it out is pretty genius, and kinda par for the course Westerosi murderviolence, but I remember being actually a little uneasy about that Bloody Mummer playing puppet show with the severed heads. That was macabre. It was great.

I figure you haven't seen the show; I don't know if you're avoiding spoilers for it, though, so just to be on the safe side I will en-spoiler box-itize my next comment, but it's just about the adaptation of this part in the show, not anything from further on in the books, so if'n you don't care, click away:

Spoiler
    Show
    They don't do the weasel soup bit at all. It struck me as such a wasted opportunity cuz it'd have been a good visual, especially that disturbing "talking heads" bit. The changes to the Harrenhal scenes were generally a bit perplexing to me. Although the Tywin-Arya ones were great.
    Last edited by Gnome Alone; 2015-01-03 at 10:52 PM.
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link