View Single Post

Thread: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

1. - Top - End - #545
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: The Pub: Off-topic chat for forum gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    BJ.... you are signed up for my game. *stares*
    When I originally typed my message it was much longer, and the part about me forgetting your game wasn't the end of it. Originally I actually talked about how I was reminded of the game and ultimately recruited, but I decided that my post was longer than it needed to be, and I was talking about things that were pretty much irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    @People who complained about a lack of roleplaying: You kind of lose your right to complain when someone makes a game where roleplaying is essentially how you play the game and you don't even sign up for it, let alone try to get other people to. It's not like you're going to get more people to run roleplaying focused games when you make it clear that it's just a total waste of effort.
    That was the post that made me actually notice the game. It was the first time you mentioned the game's selling point in either the Pub or Central, and I believe it was also the first time you posted a reminder that the game existed after the initial announcement. I'm not terribly sensitive, so I wasn't put off by any sense of passive aggressiveness, but other people might have been so complaining about the lack of players in that way really wasn't the best way to advertise.

I opted not to address this in my post because other people already covered it, and I don't like dog piling on in situations like this where I have nothing of value to add. My aim wasn't to gang up on you. I just wanted to advise you that you can make your future games more attractive by explicitly mentioning their selling points here or in Central when you first announce the game.
    Last edited by BourgeoisJerry; 2015-02-09 at 08:08 PM.