Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
Spoiler
Show
Honestly, i think you are giving the dinosaurs too much credit. A dinosaur may be more deadly than a typical animal but they are STILL animals. They don't typically have the intelligence and drive to do anything that doesn't have to do with their natural instincts. Any enclosure that works for animals should work on dinosaurs aswell; you just need to make the enclosures bigger and stronger. Like the walls/fences. If they are strong enough to keep the animal out, the animal isn't normally gonna just keep pounding on it to break through it; They'll just go somewhere else. Why would they pound on that wall when everything they could want is on the side of the wall they are already on? Heck even in the first movie the only reason the park fell into disaster was because someone went and turned the security off, which effectively freed the animals, rather than them escaping by pure accident

With I-Rex, the main flaw there was that they treated it like a normal animal when it was MUCH smarter. They had no reason to think it could climb out of the cage (which it couldn't), they didn't know it could camoflauge, was smart enough to stay silent, or could hide from heat sensors. If I-rex was only as smart as a typical animal, that enclosure should have been more than enough to hold it. That's the whole point really; I-rex was a monster that was far smarter and more capable than they ever imagined it would be... i mean you criticize them for going into the cage by why should they ever think that I-rex was capable of hiding from all forms of detection, much less being smart enough that it could set a trap for humans that involves them using deductive reasoning? Why should they think it was smart enough to think "If i put claw marks here, and hide myself, they'll think i escaped and come inside?", no animal aside from a human is THAT smart.

When it comes down to it, the security they had was enough to keep the park running without a major incident for years. The wild card was the I-Rex which was much more than even the scientists ever thought it would be.

Spoiler: I agree with everything you said except
Show

That the scientist knew what the I-rex was capable off, it is heavily implied that it was designed from scratch as a super-weapon for InGen. I'm not sure where I read it, but it was theorised that Hoskins orchestrated the I-rex escape in order to test the Raptors, if they managed to kill the I-Rex, then he could sell the raptors, but if they failed then he could sell the Indominus template (which we see in the scene just prior to Hoskins' death).