Quote Originally Posted by UrashimaJamez View Post
I am not intending to take less seriousness into your comment as on any other, but may I sig this? Even if I'm all kinds serious at the moment, it made me laugh a lot.
"Sig what thou wilt" is the whole of mine law.

Quote Originally Posted by UrashimaJamez View Post
Back on topic, I was wrong at viewing the description as a whole guideline instead of a simple aidee for the players to take on their characters, again, I apologize.

Though, I'm actually speaking with my DM right now (we both live in the same house), so he sees this post.
Cool. Hope things work out for the best.

I was thinking about communication, too, and how you all ought to discuss when running away is a valid tactical option. It sounds like you've got a couple of suicidal very stoic characters who look Death in the eyes and mutter, "Take me, bonehead." And then this other guy, who runs away when one goblin knife might end him. That seems to be the actual point of conflict, and you're trying to solve it via flavor-lawyering about his class behavior.

The flavor-lawyering won't work, but the underlying issue is legit, and you ought to have a conversation about when running away is valid from the perspective of the party as a whole. This isn't about playing any class "correctly", it's about allies who need to trust each other with their lives.