Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Meh, I just find it amusing. It probably helps that by the time I started watching them they already had like 2 pages worth of battles up. It doesnt exactly help settle arguments often, its like trying to prove chain mail armor sucked back in the day because on deadliest warrior they always bad mouth it. And now its fun because I like arguing with people on this board over it. There isnt much point talking about it on the site forums or on youtube comments because the top 90 comments are just demands for matchups that get repeated EVERY FREAKING TIME.
Truthfully I've never understood why people treat it the outcome as seriously as they do. I mean, like I said earlier in the thread, it's not like the loser is diminished in their home series, and it's not like we'll ever get clear cut, conclusive evidence about who would win. Heck, even with Deadliest Warrior you could hypothetically find two people who have devoted their lives to certain branches of combat and have them duke it out, but somehow I doubt we'll ever find, say, two people who can weaponize sand, or move at lightspeed, or punch with explosive gauntlets, or...

I think good old Mystery Science Theater put it best, back in the day. "It's just a show, I really should relax." (And yes, I appreciate the irony of saying this after a few post fuming about the fact this current matchup is a thing.)