Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
Well, with the wedge-flipper/spinner combination of bots I guess I can see some strategy of using the flipper to make your opponent more vulnerable to your spinner while also being the one to take the shots from the opponents weapons. The wedge-flipper is the defense side of the tag-team and the spinner the offense. <Dr. Stranglove>But the entire point of having a separate offensive bot is lost if it flips over in the opening seconds!</>.
The theory is grand and all, but i mean, the spinner flipped itself over right away with no input from its opponent, and the blade broke on its first hit. Do these people even bother to TEST their bots before bringing them in? "Hey earl, I think we finished building the bot." "Yeah steve? Should we see if it works?" "Nah, im sure everything will turn out fine."

Also, im a bit leery of the idea of splitting your bot in half like that. I mean, how effective could the spinner be against a bot that probably weighs twice as much? It cant have enough mass to actually do much damage really.