Quote Originally Posted by Benthesquid View Post
Just finished my first campaign, 1066-the hard end date, vanilla, unmodded, no DLC. I quite like this game. I started as the King of Scotland, (well, a large chunk of Scotland. Some folks had to be... convinced to acknowledge my kingship). I finished as the King of Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Portugal, in addition to having absorbed the Orkneys into the Kingdom of Scotland, as well as conquering Iceland, the Duchy of Norfolk, and the Canary Islands.

I think I played the long game with a little bit too much patience- I was just preparing to draw the noose tight on England to give me the territories needed to establish the Empire of Britannia when I ran out of time. Just shortly after my Genius, Diligent king took the throne as well. Ah, alas, lessons for the next game.
A handy tip for a Christian lacking the cool CBs - make liberal use of pushing claims on others' titles. Invite wanna-be English dukes into your court and push their claims. Bam! They become your vassal, and their territory is added to your realm. You can also put your own minor claim into play by pushing a woman or child's major claim to the same title, and then declaring war on them.

I used these two strategies very effectively as 867 Bulgaria to best the Magyars, form Carpathia, and then swallow the Karling kingdoms one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
I've been having some fun lately with the Seduction focus, seducing all the Genius Christian ladies in the world and legitimizing any Genius bastards. Only problem is this strategy always makes my wife furious, and they keep murdering me.
Why do you even bother getting married?