Religious CBs are great if a) you're near heathen lands, and b) those heathens are not all going to dogpile you the moment you declare and c) their lands are worth a damn. This is a rare combination indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
Hmmm, I wonder how hard it is to take on the Mongols. They showed up and conquered Cumania. At the same time, I took the duchy of Crimea from Cumania. The guy I gave the duchy to died without male issue, so his cousin inherited. I kept Cumania, but lost the tribe in Livonia that I had given him to the Mongols. I currently have the Wendish empire (minus 1 or 2 counties), but my desmense is over in Pskov rather than in Krakow or Prussia where I have actually invested tech points. Any suggestions for taking on the Mongols or getting them to attack the Persians?
Mongols are tricky because they get a lot of event troops, so they don't have a period of gathering men at the start of the war. But because they are tribal, the liege's relationship with his vassals matters a lot. So try your best to murder the current Great Khan.