Day 2

There's more than a fair amount of meat on this bear. If you're taking the time to strip and dress the entire animal, it might take you an entire day. But knowing that you need to pack light and that there may be more to eat along the way, you only take a few pounds each as you set off up the thin trail into the mountains before you.

During the first half of the day the trail leads to a river bank that flows roughly northward to some destination behind you. Following the water upstream you continue southerly, and uphill. The hours slip by while you trek under a grey blanket of clouds. It hasn't rained again but the farther south you go the higher up you seem to be getting. And the river seems to be faster the farther south you go. It's about midday when you take your first break at the top of a steep incline. The trail peeled away from the river about a hundred yards but the sounds of rushing water has been amplified by the short waterfall cascading down to the forests below. And that's the keyword: below. Looking out over your progress you can see the forest laid out bare before you, an ever expanding rug of evergreens and leafless trees. Looking up at the direction you have to take, there's even more trees towering above you as they scale the mountains themselves. Those few times you get a glance at some distant peak, you see that the mountaintops are still in the grips of winter.

You rest up for a moment here, eat what you carry, refill your skins at the river's edge, and carry on along the trail. Continuously uphill, within earshot of the rapids to your left and with the sun starting to dip towards the mountain ridge to your right. After a few more hours, Lim holds up his hand to halt the group. Wordlessly, he points up at the trees above, in the slick branches and trunks, your attention is drawn to claw marks in the wood. From down here, it's impossible to tell how fresh they are.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
I'll pause here for now. Without a roll I assumed a 12 for Kára's Stealth. I'll say Lim noticed the claw marks with his Passive Perception and if he wants to investigate further he needs to get closer and give me a Investigate or Survival (tracking) Check.

It's about 7 hours into your 8 hour travel day.
Sunset seems to be a bit early while your on this side of the mountain to your right.
You expect it to get dark within the next 1 - 2 hours.
You've had a full meal and replenished your water at the waterfall.
The only tracks anyone's seen before this have been that of a goat a few hours ago.
The water is fast and deep, swollen by the spring melt and rains of last night.