Spoiler: Yara
Show
Father Michel sighs heavily, laying down his coffee on a small table and awkwardly sitting himself in the hard wooden chair opposite you.

"I wouldn't go spreading that around too much, Yara. After all, if it were known that you had crept in and stolen the prize both sides were after, I imagine you would have more than just the angry dragon after you.

"And I am more concerned with what happened before that. I am concerned because you gave yourself over - willingly - to the demon inside you. You let it run riot through the surrounding settlements. You let it brutally murder a priest of Charis. And you let it tear its gleeful way through a whole family of farmers. Men, women and children who will never see another sunrise, because you bartered your body to a creature of utter evil - to say nothing of your soul."

He seems to see something in your expression, and laughs mirthlessly.

"Perks of being High Priest of Charis, girl. The Lady of Many Paths sees all that passes within Her portfolio. Since the Trial, that has included you. And She talks to me. For a little while longer, anyway."

Abruptly, the demon manifests itself, next to the elderly priest.

"He knows too much. We have no choice. He must die."

Michel looks at you with sadness in his eyes.

"She cares about you, Yara. Poor, lost soul, cursed with a demon through no fault of yours. She wants to see you redeemed. Please, I beg you: let Her help you."