Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
Besides, something like a Hairy Spider (+0 LA, 0 RHD) or Shadow creature (+2 LA) will probably be better still.
I've heard of the Shadow Creature template, but Hairy Spider is new to me. What book is it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
With the wisdom bump couldnt the mimic make a decent wizard or druid? Druid would definitely solve the mobility issue and cleric probably can too with spells. I guess 7 lost levels hurts but with Druid does it matter? And maybe with ur priest stuff cleric would be okay (im not too familiar with ur priest to be sure how viable that is).
A mimic with five Druid levels can turn into a wolf for a few hours, summon apes, and cast dominate animal or wind wall. An elf with twelve Druid levels can be a shambling mound all day, summon elephants, cast liveoak or wall of stone. Losing a few levels of spellcasting won't make a druid (or any other caster) incapable, but it will make them less capable. I'm not sure the mimic's abilities make up the difference, and they don't really synergize with druid abilities.