Spoiler: Theo
Show
Nagor lifts his head as you strike, trying to interpose the reinforced steel at his brow between his skull and your hammer.

It is not enough.

Flaring with eager flames, the hammer given to you by Thuril Drakeslayer cracks through the helm and fractures the skull beneath. With a plume of white fire, Nagor's head abruptly vanishes from sight.

The sword - your true enemy - falls from the abruptly limp fingers of your foe, who folds like a broken marionette, armour ringing as he crashes down.

The enemy mages give up a dismayed wail. One lifts a hand, and a jewel at the pommel of the fell sword glimmers with golden light; the blade soars through the air and into the mage's grasp.

Althazar seems to guess what comes next. His ball of lightning lurches in response to a curt gesture, aimed for the sword-bearer.

By a heartbeat, it is too slow. The mage vanishes in a cloud of sulphur and smoke, taking Nagor's cursed sword with him.

Completing its motion, the lightning swallows up the last mage, too slow to utter his own spell.

With his other hand, Althazar calls up a second spell, a blast of force that throws the vampire looming over Eldan clear out of sight.

Lothrain reacts to the disappearance of his enemy with trained precision, turning his attention immediately to the vampires pressing his Lifewarden allies. "Relath! Be with Your Arbiter this day!"

Your senses ring with a surge of divine energy, which manifests itself in a torrent of white fire engulfing Lothrain's sword. It is not unlike the energies of your own hammer; and as the Arbiter leaps into battle, a joyous grin on his face as always, you sense he will use it to similar effect.

Seizing the distraction of Lothrain's arrival, the two Lifewardens still up and fighting strike out at their foes, both landing telling blows; but the vampires seem no longer interested in Berun's priests, turning their attacks on Lothrain. For now, he seems more than equal to the task of holding them off.

Lydia, finally reacting to the death knight's destruction, flashes you a conspiratorial smile and turns to the ghouls behind you. Weaving a spell, she sends a pair of searing rays across the intervening distance, one striking each ghoul. One falls immediately; the other is swiftly overwhelmed by the crusaders, now joined by their companions from the rear entrance.

"Guessing it's a bad thing he got away with the sword?" Lydia shouts over the din of battle.

Spoiler: Yara
Show
The soldier's bearing softens slightly at your words, and as you mentally curb his fears.

"Well, perhaps you are a victim here too," he says dubiously. "Still, I can't just let you go. There are questions to be answered. But... maybe I need someone who knows what to ask."

His eyes flicker to Michel's body, and he seems to make up his mind.

"I need to take the Father back to his temple. You will come with me, and let the priests there examine you. If they say you're innocent, that's good enough for me. If they don't, or you try to run, I take you in."

Now you know the demon must be gone: if it were still there, you know it would be mocking this feeble guard, trying to face down a being he cannot hope to overcome, if not outright urging you to murder him.