1. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dysfunctional Rules IX: 1d3 Dysfunctions from the 8th Level List

Sure, the rule about not being able to claw when your hand is full makes perfect sense. I was thinking about using a light or one-handed weapon, which should leave the other claw open to attack. The sample wereboar is using two hands for the battleaxe, so that's fine. The sample wererat is using a rapier so should get the other claw, but as mentioned before the wererat doesn't have any claws for unknown reasons. The sample werewolf lord is wielding a bastard sword with one hand, and isn't holding a shield, so should get a claw attack with the off hand.
    For example, the xill has a full attack of 2 short swords and 2 claws because it has 4 arms. Shouldn't the same rules apply for lycanthropes?

Now that I'm looking closer, what on earth is happening with the werebear's hybrid form? How is it attacking with a claw first and then the greataxe second? That's not just breaking the established rule of not attacking with a claw when your hand is full (and the rule in the tempate about this) that's breaking basic weapon and natural attack rules. The greataxe attack here is being treated like it's a secondary attack, since it's at only a -2 penalty and receives half the strength bonus, and that's not how any of this works. Also even when the greataxe is used as a primary attack as a standard action, there's no reason that it should be at a +11 bonus, it should be at +13 just like the claw.

EDIT: Another look at werebear has at least answered the question of attack bonus. The greataxe is one for the Medium human form, so when he is a Large hybrid he takes a -2 penalty for an inappropriate sized weapon, and can treat it as a one-handed weapon. That being said, it still does not explain how he's treating it as a secondary attack.
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2017-08-20 at 08:51 PM.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards