View Single Post

Thread: [3.5] Leomund's (Phantom) Trap

1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Leomund's (Phantom) Trap

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Would you then similarly not get trap sense bonuses against a Shadow Conjuration version of Create Trap since it's not in fact a trap? Honest question; I don't know how this interaction would work
    That's not the same thing. A shadow conjured trap is still a trap and functions as a trap. the only thing you successfully disbelieving will do is make you take a fraction less damage from its arrows or what have you.

A silent image of a trap that you failed your save against, for example, is not a trap, so even if you thought it was, you would not be able to get a bonus against it.

Rules bonuses are based on objective reality, not your perceptions. Like I said in the other example, if you're a ranger and have favored enemy (animal) and run into a druid in wild shape, your favored enemy bonus will not apply to him since his type didn't change.
    Last edited by Venger; 2018-03-03 at 01:25 AM.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition