Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
Divine Agent is GM-dependent because Contact has something of an effect but it's an effect that you have zero control over, and more importantly, it's far too vague about what "Godly Gift" actually gives you for something that seems like a semi-major class feature. If it's ruled to just be "you get one of the domain spells of an appropriate level as an SLA 1/day," that's at least a little less ambiguous, but it sounds like the character really isn't supposed to pick the gift. (Also, bonus horribleness: it's not a spell from one of the deity's domains—it's a spell from one of the Divine Agent's domains. Meaning that you have to have access to the domain in question in order to be given a spell from it as a gift. So unless you're doing shenanigans with the spell in question being treated as a spell-like ability rather than as an actual spell, it'll be nearly impossible for the ability to be stronger than simply being able to cast the spell naturally, which the half-casting nature of Divine Agent will probably cost you.)
You've got me there. I really like how the deity won't bother you with spam when it might matter like in combat or when you're eavesdropping on the bad guy's plans "most of the time." It's like medani prophet, except it doesn't do anything.

I missed that godly gift only gave you a spell you already had. that's horrific. That said, I think it's a bit more interesting than kqotw, but I see your point.

I agree about the FoM capstone of K/QotW being hilariously obnoxious in its "nope, only once per day, and then you're just going to have it on" parceling. And of course, because this wasn't insulting enough, it's a (Su) ability without a listed action cost, and we all know what that means. (Same with Adaptation, which doesn't seem to have a way to be turned off? It's worded such that, if you can turn it off, you can divide it up a bit, but it doesn't say if or how you can turn it off.)

I was all set to do something stupid with Terrain Movement, but then I noticed the "if the chosen terrain is land-based" clause, and then I became sad.
I really like how if you pick sky, you get like a million pretty decent feats (compared to the others, I mean), but it just assumes a 3.0 character can natively fly somehow. No, it doesn't give you the ability to fly. Why would it?