View Single Post

Thread: Mundane Characters

1. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mundane Characters

Quote Originally Posted by tstewt1921 View Post
    I'm looking for a good mundane character build, or at least a path or suggestions, I don't want to use any magical items by any means. Special material such as adamantine or silver is fine, but purely nothing magical. We have a game coming up in the future that will be taking place in Ravenloft and I think it would be even more interesting game for me to put it on an even harder mode than it will be on. So I'm open to suggestions. Almost all books are available.
    Then you are going to die. You cannot function without any magic at all in this game.

Even with a powerful, well-built character, ravenloft is one of the hardest campaigns there is. You will not be able to survive, much less meaningfully contribute without any actual powers.

If you still insist on doing this:

I assume for simplicity's sake other systems (initiation, binding, psionics, meldshaping) are not something you're interested in. If that's not the case, tell me what subsystems you like and I'll advise things in that vein.

One of the only classes that supports this kind of thing is the forsaker, which destroys the party's valuable loot for crappy dr and ability boosts, since you can't use magic or items.

If your gm's allowing all books, you might build a hulking hurler and throw (nonmagical) rocks at enemies (except incorporeal monsters, which there are a fair amount of in ravenloft. better leave those to the other pcs) instead of the normal +1 osmium yoyo hulking hurlers use.

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    what levels will you reach?
    ravenloft recommends your guy starts the campaign at level 6, and it will take them through about level 9 assuming they finish the whole campaign and do all the encounters.
    Last edited by Venger; 2018-05-19 at 07:43 PM.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition