Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
Spoiler: DBZ Stuff
Show
It wasn't a"chain reaction" as much as it was a dramatic take on the energy ball slowly exploding. The whole point of that scene is to show how powerful and cruel Freeza is. He creates a giant ball of energy that slowly incinerates everyone in its path (including Freeza's minions) until it finally explodes... And he does it with no effort at all. That wouldn't have nearly the same impact if it was some sort of "planet-specific destroyer" attack. Not that it matters, because we know that Vegeta could destroy planets before he even arrived at Earth... And even as an Oozaru he's still far weaker than Freeza in his weakest form.

In DBS, the Shockwaves from Goku and Beerus punches are enough to shake the whole universe... And according to an ancient deity, the power was enough to even kill Goku and Beerus themselves... Luckily, the start to control their powers better after that (mostly because Goku soon loses his God powers.

Anyway... Even I'm getting tired of this discussion... Honestly I actually would like to see Thor vs Shazam or Black Adam. Thor vs WW felt like it had is results decided before they even started their research. No way they would let WW lose that fight at that point in time... It's not as bad as WW vs Rogue, where Rogue even though absorbing similarly powerful opponent was too much for Rogue in the past (including Thor, who according to DB, is weaker than WW).
Honestly, had it not included wonder womans speed feats in the run down with rogue, I wouldnt have minded the outcome that much, but it brings up the old argument of how speed, properly utilized in a ruthless manner (such as in a no inhibitions fight to the death) is a game breaker in battle. A speed blitzing, out for blood wonder woman, should have insta gibbed rogue and lost about as much energy as it takes her to order her morning coffee in the process. As for more thor fights, meh, its getting kinda crowded now that he has fought raiden and wonder woman. I mean sure, the more famous characters tend to gather lots of what if opponents to run through but death battle doesnt often bring em back for a second shot, and I dont think they ever do three.