Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
Wow, thanks! I've read about which spells are the most useful, though I wanted more personal advice, taking into account our Wizard and Cleric. Some things surprised me:
- Blade of blood seems to be one of the most hated ones, at least from what I've read here and there. However, the fact that you cast it as a swift action indeed helps.
- No Dimension hop? I've seen it recommended as a must everywhere, I'd say.
- No Chill touch? Would be nice against undead, wouldn't it? And we've encountered many of them, I think.
- I think I can see the usefulness of Swift fly, Swift invisibility, or See invisibility. But picking them over Touch of idiocy or Ghoul touch? Really? I wouldn't had bet for that.

Btw, I'm not forced to pick the highest level spells available, am I? That is... Can I get from level 14 to 15 and learn a level 1 spell, instead of a level 4 one?
- Blade of Blood is nice because it's innately a swift action. You get a lot of temporary HP from Vampiric Touch and potentially Doom Scarabs anyways so you should have little trouble doubledipping with Blade and Arcane Channeling. Of course, you should keep in mind how loaded your swift actions are.
- Yes, Dimension Hop is great and I'd keep it until I get Dimension Door but once you hit that point you might not need it as much anymore. Note that it's a better spell to Quicken than Dimension Door though so it's worth considering. If you have another source of Flight, you could drop e.g. Swift Fly for it. Swift Fly is more of a lower level spell.
- Chill Touch is a Will-save, which is a good save for Undead (who tend to have a lot of HD for their CR) so while useful, it's not that amazing. At this point you have Disintegrate, which is the anti-undead spell. Keeping Chill Touch on lower levels is fine though.
- Well, I figure you have enough channeling spells so I focused level 2 spell on utility. Touch of Idiocy is great on lower levels but higher up you probably just want to obliterate whomever you strike and focus on damage/hard CC. It has the "Mind-affecting"-tag, which makes it less amazing on level 20 than level 3. Ghoul Touch is great and potentially a keeper but paralysis is only so reliable a condition. If your save DCs are very high you might consider keeping it but remember that even with 36 Int, a level 2 spell only has a save DC of 25 on level 20 while full casters are slogging around DC32s, and Fort is the best-progressing save. I'd keep Ghoul Touch on lower levels but higher up it loses some of its luster.
- No, you're not forced to pick the highest level spell but you'll permanently lose out on one higher level spell known if you don't. Thus I would pick them since higher level spe

This would be a level 20 loadout. You can trade a spell every odd-numbered level as per:
"Upon reaching 5th level, and at every subsequent odd-numbered level, you can choose to learn a new spell in place of one you already know. In effect, you lose access to the old spell in exchange for gaining the new one. The new spell?s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least two levels lower than the highest-level spell you can cast. For instance, upon reaching 9th level, you could trade in a single 1st-level spell (two levels below the highest-level spell you can cast, which is 3rd) for a different 1st-level spell. You can swap only a single spell at any given level and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that you gain new spells known for the level."

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
Also, I could try asking for Precocious apprentice feat... Would Wraithstrike be the best choice if he accepts?
Wraithstrike is amazing, though you probably won't have trouble hitting if you go Arcane Strike + Knowledge Devotion. But then again, you can always Power Attack for full so it's probably still worth it. Heroics is another nice spell, to pick up Martial Study or other such utility. Hm, plenty of other options exist, of course. Arcane Disciple is a great way to add to your spells known if you have some Wis or Wis-boosting items, as are the various Bloodline feats (you're a spontaneous caster so you qualify).