Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
Hmm, so what about the Leadership feat?

Are you doing it "alone" if you've paid a mechanical slot for an ally?

(I guess Familiars would also follow that ruling, whichever way it goes, but most Lawful Good full-BAB classes don't get one.)
Everyone in the thread seems to understand a paladin using his special mount would count as doing it alone. If we're being even remotely consistent about this, then leadership, dragon cohort, etc would count as doing it alone too since you're using the resources your character is allocated and not just getting stuff for free. Again, since earlier on, i had thought this was to be built under iron chef rules, I didn't mention leadership, but since it's been made clear that's not the case, leadership is certainly another valid approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fouredged Sword View Post
Shivering touch is unreliable. A red dragon will almost assuredly seek out defenses VS cold damage and may be totally immune via aquired cold subtype.
We've been assuming til this point that we're using an out of the book, unoptimized juvenile red from the monster manual, so our guy has at least some kind of chance. If the dragon is arbitrarily immune to everything somehow (he has no ability to do that to himself via spells) then nothing we say will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
Just as an FYI, a character could start out as an NG Barbarian to pick up Lion Totem (pounce). If, at some point prior to attaining level 8, he performs consistently lawful actions, there's no real reason he couldn't change to LG over the course of 6 or so levels. You could simply say that once the Barbarian gets a taste of life in civilized lands, his attitude to authority and laws starts to change.

He would retain pounce, even once LG.

...you traded away fast movement for pounce. You lose the ability to rage, but if you only take one level of Barbarian to get pounce, then move on to another full BAB class (possibly even Barb 1/Fighter 6 for more feats), all you are losing is rage 1/day, and the aiblity to take any more Barb levels.
Oh, duh, I forgot you didn't lose pounce.
In that case, just transform to LG normally, and take ferocity and you won't lose anything.