View Single Post

Thread: Adventures in New Ganthar III

1. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Adventures in New Ganthar III

Spoiler: Gunn
    Show
    Natalia becomes very still, then stands abruptly, shrugging back into her dress. She stands for a moment with her back to you, tying back her hair, then looks at you resolutely. Her expression is all business, the moment having passed.

“That damned ritual. The sooner we find a way to stop it being used, the better. I'm with you - I have worked too long and too hard for that temple to let some glorified zombie steal it from me.”

Spoiler: Hesa and Yara
    Show
    Katraya shakes her head. “Not unless he's discovered a way to make more. There are only five, and I gave them all to Theo.”

Spoiler: Rosalind
    Show
    The priest spreads his hands. “I would advise you destroy them, but it is hardly my place to tell you how to do your gods’ will.”

He looks to the sky, where the sun is setting.

“The powers of darkness rise, and the light hides its face. I've never understood that, you know - why the dark is seen as evil. But at least, I can see why the undead would be uncomfortable before the sun, a catalyst of life and growth.

“Whether or not the darkness is evil, necromancy is stronger in the night. I suspect the moment of crisis draws near. You should make any last preparations swiftly.”

Spoiler: Theo
    Show
    Niall is transparent enough that you can practically read his thoughts, a refreshing change from sparring with the likes of Natalia.

The look of chagrin on his face when you speak of the Lens makes it clear he had some other relic in mind - but he seems curiously indifferent when you mention the Sword.

In your judgment, he will honour his word and give the aid he pledges - but you agree with Asoryala’s assessment that he is putting little weight on the threat of Shroud ascending to godhood.

And as for your suggestion that he registers as evil, he looks wholly unmoved by the statement.

“A masterpiece needs shade, as well as light,”
    he responds, in the tone of someone quoting a familiar saying. “Perhaps I am more at home with devils than with angels. That doesn't mean I want Charis to take sides. She is the Sentinel. Impartiality is in the job description.”

He looks to the darkening skies, and his expression grows somber.

“Time is short. We will make our way to the city at once. The people of New Ganthar will see that the true Templars defend them.”