Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
I am the confused. This group kills (they think) a retainer of a visiting head of state, engages in acts of destruction and deception, and is generally not being nicey-nice while smiling and smiling and being a villain, and seems to be getting away with it. Or at least is convinced they have little to fear. This under a goddess like monarch. Something seems to be off, here.

I can think of possible explanations. They're doing this on Albia's orders. They're doing this under Albia's orders but adding their own touches which will wind up benefiting them and which they think they can shrug off as incidental. They're planning to topple Albia and compared to THAT, what's a bit of mayhem along the way? They're minions of the Other and have little choice in what they're doing. Or something.

We need more information as to motivation.
Remember the master of paris frequently LET the malcontents do what they wanted. It was an opportunity to test his systems for leaks and bugs, and so long as it was below a certain threshold he really didnt care much. Immortal all powerful beings tend to take a long view on things. Sure the master wasnt immortal, but dude was still hundreds of years old. Anyways, point being, its entirely possible albia is aware of whats going on and is letting it happen for any of a number of reasons. All I know is, im going to be really annoyed if every capitol agatha enters has a regime change by the time she leaves. Sturmhalten or whatever it was called, taken over by the other, mechanicsburg, she took it over, castle wulfenbach? Now run by gil, paris? Run by one of the masters grand daughters, etc etc etc. You would think albia would keep that min mind.