Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
I don't think vengeance as a normal approach is what you mean but I get it. You mean "justice" in any form. But while LG tries to use the system to protect the weak, LE tries to use the system to protect the strong. LN tries to be as correct as humanly possible.
Hmm. In my games, LN means valuing the whole more than the parts -- keeping the peace, even at the expense of the pieces.

LE means using the system to cause undue suffering. It's not just about protecting the strong, it's about using the system to harm everyone you don't personally care about (which might just be yourself).

LG might value tradition, but the primary concern is helping everyone. It's a peace kept for the pieces. It's a rising tide that actually does lift all boats. LG might protect the strong, if protecting the strong is compatible with protecting everyone -- for example, a level 1 Warrior foot-soldier jumping in front of a disintegrate ray to protect a silver dragon ally, that's protecting the strong but it's not even slightly Evil.