Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
Well, I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but an artifact that requires you to risk your ruler and the artifact itself on the front lines to be fully effective is still garbage.
By that standards, the pliers are also most effective in the frontlines where there's plenty of fresh corpses.

Plus nobody said the arkenhammer needs to be attunned to your ruler. If anything, Stanley started his dwagon fleet farming when he was but a simple Warlord.

And if anything we've seen sooner or later every ruler in Erfworld ends up staring at the wrong end of a weapon, even super-paranoid Charlie in his fortress almost got shot down by a prisioner, so if anything a ruler being able to fight their way out of an ambush is a pretty nice thing to have.

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
That was part of my argument though. It's been FOUR books, and Stanley had the hammer for awhile before that. It's really annoying that there has been 0% progression with it so far, assuming there is more to learn, when the other two Tools have gotten such broken powers.

There is nothing that the Hammer has done that's really impressed me like the other tools have, and, IF Wanda is going to jump to another side, the story could at least wait until we got some new powers forming. Especially when the entire decrypted force might join her.
I would actually say this would be the best time to awaken the arkenhammer's hidden powers.

Because before GK was the only side with two arkentools. Wanda with her decrypted army plus a dwagon fleet backing her up already was plenty OP. A good chunk of the story was finding ways to get the Wanda+pliers combo out of the picture. GK didn't really need another massive power upgrade. There was that time Charlie was revealed to have guns, but those were looted and now like half the main sides have guns of their own.

But if now Wanda now joins another side and takes the pliers with her, I believe it's just the perfect time for Stanley and Hamster to get started with HAMMER TIME BABY!