Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
If that's so, I see only two possible explanations: Either A) you're wasting tons of ressources getting +50 a month with a full storage, or B) you can see into the future, and your demand always magically matches your supply years down the line.

If it's B, I consider that cheating :p
There's a market now, you can sell things off or buy things if you get close to your resource cap. Perhaps not quite as efficient, but quite suitable for my needs.

As for the second, I make predictions based upon my current and anticipated future needs. For example, gases and motes are really only needed for maintainance on higher-tier buildings. So if I know how many of those buildings I will want, I know how many of these I will need. And that's really and end to those resources.

Alloys, of course, you will want in bulk. Probably more in bulk than you will realistically be able to build on your own. This is also where the market comes in really handy, because if you are floating energy or minerals, you can just convert to alloys.

There really isn't anything that will cause a sudden and unanticipated demand of resources that I could realistically do anything about by changing up my buildings. I already know I'm going to need a ton of alloys if I want a fleet, or multiple fleets, worth fielding. And it is a given that I do, in fact, want a fleet, or multiple fleets, worth fielding. Therefore, Alloys are going to be a high-demand need pretty consistently throughout my entire game. If I start floating close to a cap, I can always sell them off, but I rarely do. I'm more likely to need to be in the market to purchase them in the event of Suddenly Invasion.