1. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: What Kind Of D&D Villain Would Queen Bavmorda Be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Wizard. Maybe a transmuter, but I'd say that the spell to do it wouldn't have to be terribly high... 5th or 6th level. It's Polymorph Other, with a big area of effect. She might have cast it a couple of times, or it has a couple round casting time. Sending the child to another plane is likewise not going to be higher than 5th level, and I bet I could get it down to 3rd (single target, just needs to transfer someone to the Ethereal or Astral plane)
    Now that I think of it, wasnt it supposed to send the child to a place where she could never return? Is there such a place in a D&D setting? Its not like it would be very effective if any wizard with 3rd level spells could match or counter it. Also, mass polymorph is a 9th level spell in 5e, and even that can only hit like 10 targets at a time. We might be talking epic level since she took down an entire army at once, minus two wizards able to counterspell to protect themselves.

*EDIT* As for willow, had had on him flesh to stone acorns which is a 6th level transmutation but iirc gifted to him by the high level wizard he wanted to apprentice to before the start of his adventure. She was able to make the constitution check to negate the effect after it started to effect her.
    Last edited by Traab; 2019-02-24 at 02:06 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."